About this service
Melbourne City Mission’s Western Reconnect program is a community based early intervention and prevention program for young people aged 12 to 18 (or young people aged 12 to 21 who arrived in Australia in the last five years on humanitarian or family visas) who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and their families. Reconnect uses early intervention strategies to help the young person stabilise their living situation, achieve family reconciliation, and improve their level of engagement with work, education, training and their local community. Western Reconnect provides support for 3 months.
Is this support for me or my client?
Provide support to:
- young people aged between12 and 18 years of age
- those who are at risk of homelessness or those who are newly homeless
- young people and families seeking assistance to improve their relationships
- those who are living, attending school or have a connection to the local government areas of Maribyrnong, Brimbank and Moonee Valley
How can this support assist me or my client?
Western Reconnect can:
- provide support for young people to remain connected to family, school, training and their community
- provide assistance and advocacy support, which may include issues arising from family conflict, family mediation, education, income support, accommodation, employment and conflict resolution
- help the young person to develop a realistic understanding of the issues they may face if they leave home
- help with referrals for young people to other services such as health care providers, Department of Human Services Centrelink, legal and other community-based services within their local communities and alternative options / services for young people within their local communities.
- provide case management
How can I or my client access this support?
Referrals to this service can be accepted from young people, family members, community agencies; other Reconnect services, schools, police, Centrelink, child first services and child protection services.
Contact Early Intervention Services Duty Line on 9977 0023, 9am – 1pm, Monday–Friday to discuss the referral first. A referral form is required to be filled out and a response will be provided within 48 hours.
All Suburbs within Maribyrnong, Brimbank and Moonee valley council areas
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00PM
12 - 18 years
Public transport information
Opposite Central West Plaza Catch bus 216 or 218 from Sunshine station and get off at Central West Plaza and cross the road (safely!)
- Service area
Young People aged 12-18 years old and their families
- Service for