About this service
Foundation House provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
- Free – including access to professional interpreters if you require this
- Confidential – we keep your information private, as do the interpreters we use
- Voluntary – you are free to stop being a client at any time for any reason
- Supportive – we support your rights
- Educative – we educate the community about the experiences of refugees.
Have you experienced torture or other traumatic events before you came to Australia?
If so, you may be experiencing problems and you may want to come to Foundation House. It is normal for people to have difficulties as a result of previous experiences of torture or other traumatic events.
Foundation House offer a comprehensive range of services to enable recovery from the consequences of torture or other traumatic events.
- Individual and family counselling
- Client advocacy
- Complementary therapies, e.g. traditional herbal medicine, massage and other natural therapies
- Specialist mental health clinic
- Group programs
- Referral to other services
More information for service professionals
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Public transport information
Various buses and close to Sunshine trainstation
- Service area
- Service for
In Person or phone support
- Participation length
In person via the phone
Point of intake
- Referral mode