Brimbank City Council is committed to ensuring that the voices of young people are acknowledged and heard, and that young people are recognised as equals in the Brimbank community.
In keeping with national and state definitions of young people, Council’s youth services department (Brimbank Youth Services) defines young people as being aged 10 – 25 years old, who live, study, work or socialise in Brimbank.
Brimbank City Council endorsed the Brimbank Youth Strategy 2020 - 2024, and in doing so, committed to a longer term vision for Brimbank as a community of active and connected young women and men with opportunities, choices, and a strong sense of pride and belonging.
The Strategy will work towards the achievement of three key aims for young people in Brimbank:
- A Sense of Belonging: Young people have a strong sense of pride and belonging to their communities, culture and identity
- Empowered Participation: Young people are valued members of the community and are empowered to lead conversations around change
- Healthy and Well: Young people have equitable and timely access to health and wellbeing services to meet their specific needs
The Aims of the Strategy are underpinned by three main Guiding Principles:
- Committed to excellence in practice
- Innovative, creative and open to new approaches
For more information, please call Brimbank Youth Services on 9249 4110 / 9249 4000, or email us email@example.com