About this service
What is queerspace?
queerspace provides a safe and supportive space to obtain information and support services aimed at improving mental health and wellbeing by specialist queer and queer affirmative mental health practitioners.
What does queerspace offer?
- Individual, couple and whole-of-family counselling
- Relationship and parenting support services
- Better Access counselling program
- Youth counselling, support and groups programs
- Group education and information community programs and;
- Peer support and social activities
What makes queerspace unique?
- Qualified and experienced mental health professionals
- Queer affirmative services by LGBTIQ and queer friendly practitioners
- Low cost or no cost counselling based on the capacity to pay
- Accessible and flexible services and hours
- Sensitive to the diversity of our communities and individual’s needs, including sexual and gender
- Evidence based approaches
- Pathways to care through Access to Allied Psychological Therapeutic Services (ATAPS) on behalf
of Inner North West Melbourne Medicare local (INWMML)
Pathways to care:
- queerspace offers a pathway to care that includes counselling for individuals and families
experiencing, or at risk of, mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, alcohol & drug use.
- queerspace can also offer short-term psychological counselling, in partnership with Inner North
West Medicare Local’s (INWMML) Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) program.
- This program aims to address moderate mental health conditions based on a treatment plan by a
General Practitioner (GP).
100 Drummond Street, Carlton, Vic
Direct Help, Some Help
- Service name
More information for service professionals
Mon to Fri 9am – 5pm, Various times - contact service directly, By appointment only - contact service directly
Yes but requires booking in advance
Sliding scale depending on income -
- Service area
- Disability access
- Participation length