Young & Pregnant Parenting Program- Melbourne City Mission
About this service
The Young and Pregnant Parenting service provides case management, secondary consultation, and a drop off service for young parents (16 to 25 years of age) and their children who are at risk of or are experiencing homelessness.
Support to young people:
- Aged between 16 to 25 years of age who are pregnant or parents
- Who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, have recently been homeless or who are experiencing disadvantage
- Who live or have connection to the north and west areas of Melbourne.
Our Outreach case management worker provides support to young people to:
- Obtain housing
- Access baby goods
- Gain parenting information including childhood development
- Access required registrations such as birth registration and Centrelink family payment link to specialist services and community supports.
Drop in service:
Young women who are pregnant or who are young parents can drop in at Frontyard Youth Services (19 King Street). The drop-in service (dependent on worker availability) can provide information, support and links to other parenting supports.
More information for service professionals
North and West of Melbourne
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
16 - 25 years
Available on request
- Service area
Drop in service
- Service for
- Participation length
In person or via the phone
Point of intake
- Referral mode