Find a Psychologist
About this service
Access psychologists who are in private practice
• Seek and self-select qualified and trusted psychologists for assistance in a range of areas.
• Easily search by psychological issue and location.
• Bilingual psychologists available.
• A Mental Health Care Plan is needed in order to see a private psychologist.
• A GP can provide the Mental Health Care Plan.
• You need to request a longer consultation with your GP to allow enough time for them to prepare your Care Plan.
• Medicare will cover some or all of the cost of care planning by a doctor. It will also rebate some of the costs to see the psychologist for 10 sessions.
• Ask the psychologist for a summary of their fees and the Medicare rebates that you are entitled to. This will help you determine any out-of-pocket expenses.
• The doctor must get a young person’s consent before a Care Plan can be developed.
• Care plans are usually prepared every 12 months and should be reviewed after 3 month
Click Here to access the Find a Psychologists website.
- Service type