Monash Health Gender Clinic
About this service
The Monash Health Gender Clinic aims to assist the trans and gender diverse community through:
- Conducting specialist mental health assessments relevant to gender dysphoria
in accordance with international guidelines
- Referring where appropriate to experienced private or public clinicians who are
able to assist with hormone therapy, surgery, psychotherapy or voice therapy
- Providing ongoing mental health support during an individual’s gender transition
- Conducting multidisciplinary meetings to co-ordinate care for clients
Access to specialist assessments is available publicly or privately. If you are interested in attending the Monash Health Gender Clinic (at no cost to you, but with a longer waitlist), please request a referral from a medical doctor (preferably your GP) and complete the Information form found at the end of the Information Pack (Gender Clinic Info Pack).You will only be able to book an appointment once the clinic has received both your medical referral and completed Information Form.
A number of private clinicians are able to conduct the specialist assessments. These clinicians often have a shorter waitlist; however, there are usually out of pocket costs. A list of private providers is attached (Gender Clinic Info Pack).
If you are interested in attending a private clinician, please note that:
- Private psychiatrists need a referral from a medical doctor (preferably your GP)
- Private clinical psychologists need a mental health care plan created by a GP
or a referral from a psychiatrist
- Appointments with private clinicians can be made by contacting them directly.
Monday and Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Service hours