Victoria Polytechnic (University) - Certificate I in Transition Education

  1. About this service

    Prepare yourself for employment or further study with a Certificate I (VU course code: 22301VIC) in Transition Education at Victoria Polytechnic.

    This course is designed for young people with special learning needs. You’ll gain independence, community awareness, and an understanding of other courses you can go on to study. You’ll also be more prepared to enter the workforce.

    This course will support your special needs, with a range of learning activities to develop valuable learning and social skills. You’ll explore:

    • independent living
    • personal development
    • vocational and employability skills
    • community involvement
    • volunteering effectively
    • basic literacy and numeracy
    • use of everyday technology.

    We’ll help you find the best option for you after leaving school, whether that’s employment, volunteer work or further study. When you finish this course, you’ll have improved skills and confidence for your next step. 

      • Service name

        Victoria Polytechnic (University) - Certificate I in Transition Education

      • Service address

        St Albans Campus, McKechie St, St Albans
        Get directions

      • Additional sites

        Corner of Nicholson and Buckley Streets, Footscray

      • Phone

        1300 823 387 or 9919 4000

      • Urgency levels

        Some Help, Just Curious

      • Service hours

        Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm during school terms

      • Age group

        15 - 25 years

      • Interpreters

        Available on request

      • Service type


      • Costs


      • Public transport information


      • Service for

        Youth, Education

      • Disability access


    More information for service professionals

      • Participation length


      • Participation type

        In person

      • Specific exclusions

        You must be a young person

      • Funding limit?


      • Who can refer


      • Referral mode

        In person or via the phone

      • Point of intake

        Office Administration

  2. Victoria Polytechnic (University) - Certificate I in Transition Education